Sunday 11 January 2015

bff...



'Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.' 
– Ally Condie

My friend was over from Australia this week. She was in demand; being one of those magical souls who makes everyone feel special, has time for you no matter how busy she is, and is always, always smiling. I miss her. When I'm having a hard time, I find myself wondering what she would do...

I've said goodbye to some really close friends in the last 2 years. It's painful, but I accept it's the price of living in a transient community of people. Of course we would never have met those wonderful people had we stayed put - but rationalising it doesn't make it any easier. Now I watch my daughter start to make friendships and wonder what the future holds for them. Unrealistic, but I like to think they will be life-long friendships... maybe some of them will be. One thing is for sure - these two are inseparable at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment